Short Story Guidelines
- The story should follow the theme of Memory
- The story should be between 3,000 and 8,000 words
- Humorous writing is preferred, given the nature of Sir Terry’s work
- The genre can be any flavour of fiction that tickles your fancy.
- A brief author biography
- A short synopsis (no more than two lines) of what you will write about
- A writing sample: up to 500 words of your original published or unpublished work.
Legal Terms and Payment
- All profits will go towards Alzheimer’s Research UK
- Authors are not expected to contribute to the publishing costs
- Authors will receive an eBook of the full anthology, and may purchase up to four printed copies of the book at cost price (plus shipping)
- The costs of final editing and artwork will be covered by the organisers. Note that final short stories are expected to be in a suitably publish-ready state, and the organisers reserve the right to dismiss or return works if they do not meet this requirement
- Authors retain the right to be recognised as creators of their work.